You’ve probably heard of virtual assistants from your friends or fellow business owners and you probably have an idea of what they do. But there’s more to them than what you know.
Virtual Assistants, commonly called as VAs, are people who work remotely, providing a wide range of administrative and technical services to their business clients. They usually work from their own home or an office space, providing services to clients across the globe.
Not all VAs are the same. Every virtual assistant has his or her own set of specific skills, and a business can have 2 to 3 VAs working together to complete the tasks. Here are some tasks that Virtual Assistants often do:
- Graphic Design
- Social Media Management
- Content Writing
- Administrative Tasks
- Accounting and payroll
- Data Entry
- Web Development
- Customer Service
- Lead Generation
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Digital Marketing
- App Development
You might think “Hey, I can do these” or I’ll just hire a new staff to do this for me”. Well, you could. But do you know why a lot of business owners hire a VA instead? Here are some of their reasons.
1. Reduced operational cost. When you hire a VA, that means you’re hiring someone who can do the job without further training from you. You also don’t need to pay for employee benefits employers are required to pay for in-house staff.
2. Access to the best talent. There are so many talented virtual assistants out there who can provide you with the services that you need. If you partner with a recruitment company that provides VA, you can take advantage of their pool of talents to choose the perfect VA for you.
3. Virtual assistants can drive business growth. Juggling multiple tasks every day? Working with a VA means you don’t have to worry about the time-consuming tasks required for your daily operations. Your VA can take care of that for you, allowing you more time to strategise and focus on your core competencies.
4. Reduced workload. Less work means less stress. You can finally achieve your desired work-life balance with a virtual assistant helping with most of your tasks. You will have more time for R&R, knowing that you have a reliable virtual assistant working on your to-list.
5. Pay only for what you need. Your employees don’t actually work 8 hours a day. But when you work with a VA, you’re actually getting what you pay for. You only pay for the amount of hours that your VA worked.
6. Scalability in operations. Having a virtual assistant allows you to have the flexibility to scale down or scale up your operations without any worries.
7. Quality service. Hiring a virtual assistant means working with a person who is experienced and professional.
So if you feel like drowning with all your tasks or you need help but can’t afford to hire a full-time employee, working with a virtual assistant can be valuable for you and your business. You just have to remember to screen your VAs carefully and list down the tasks you need help with. Or, you can partner with a recruitment company who can provide you with the virtual assistant perfect for your needs.