Written by: Carla Sonza
Ever since outsourcing became popular, more and more businesses have discovered the advantages of working with a virtual assistant..
Business owners have discovered how important the role that virtual assistants play in the growth and success of their business. Being a global trend, virtual assistants come from different countries all over the world. However, most businesses prefer to hire Filipino virtual assistants over VAs from other countries like India or China.
Here are some of the reasons why Filipino Virtual Assistants are the best in the industry:
1. English skills. Communication is very important in any business, whether it’s writing correspondence, talking with potential clients, providing customer service or relaying instructions. Filipinos have excellent English skills because it is their second language. They have neutral accent and are good in grammar compared to VAs from other countries.
2. Talented and skilled employees. Philippines has a very high literacy rate and every year, thousands of young graduates skilled in different fields are looking for work. Filipinos are also fast learners and flexible due to their extensive training. The country is known as one of the most popular BPO hub in Asia and has trained a lot of professionals in this industry. Most VAs come from the BPO industry so it will be easier for you to find an experienced VA for your business.
3. Inexpensive labor cost. One of the reasons why labor rates in the Philippines is cheaper is the relatively low cost of living in the country. If you hire an in-house employee, you’ll have to pay around $20-$30 per hour on top of overhead and training costs.
4. Friendly culture. The Philippines is one of the most popular tourism destinations and you’ll often see foreigners interacting with the locals wherever you go. Filipinos are exposed to different cultures, making them more skilled in dealing and communicating with foreign clients. Plus, Filipinos are friendly in nature so they are easy to work with.
5. Work ethics. Filipinos are inherently hardworking people who will do everything to complete the tasks assigned to them. They can work independently without you having to look over them all the time. They are also very resourceful and can easily adapt to any situation.
These are just some of the benefits you will discover as you work with a Filipino virtual assistant. Whatever your business goals are, your Filipino VA will make sure to work hard to accomplish all the tasks and contribute to your success.