Written by: Carla Sonza
Now that you’ve realised the importance of hiring a Virtual Assistant, how do you go about the best one for your business?
Finding a virtual assistant is no easy task. Yes, there’s a lot of Virtual Assistants out there how do you find the perfect one for you?
Looking for a virtual assistant is crucial for every business owner because it will have a huge impact on your business. Your virtual assistant will be working on tasks related to your business and will contribute to the day to day business operations.
So what characteristics should you look for in a VA?
1. Communication skills. One of the most important factor you have to look at is the VA’s communication skills, both written and oral. You don’t want to hire someone who doesn’t know how to communicate his or her ideas. It is also very easy for misunderstandings to occur because of the language and cultural difference. Having excellent English communication skills is very important especially if you’re hiring for a writer or a customer service representative.
2. Attention to detail. You wouldn’t want to work with a virtual assistant who is sloppy or is careless. A good virtual assistant understands that even the smallest details are very important. Re-doing tasks or revising articles is a waste of time and money, which could have been prevented if your virtual assistant takes a couple of minutes to review everything. Plus, if your VA pays extra attention to details, you can be assured that he/she carries this habit in all aspects of their life or work.
3. Professionalism. You don’t want a VA that’s always late for his/her scheduled working hours or someone who doesn’t reply to emails or messages. You want someone who is professional enough to complete all the tasks without having you to remind them and provide updates on current tasks.
4. Reliability. Look for a virtual assistant who is dependable and responsible. A reliable virtual assistant is someone who delivers within the deadline and produces the quality of work that you have agreed upon.
5. Resourcefulness. Another important characteristic of a good VA is being able to resolve minor everyday dilemmas like lost internet connection or power outage. He or she has to look for ways to make sure that the tasks are completed, even if there are some setbacks along the way.
Looking for a good VA is like looking for a needle in a haystack. It takes time to interview a lot of applicants so if you’re in a rush or you need the help ASAP, you can partner with recruitment companies like Online Officer who can do the recruitment work for you.